SHIGUCHI is built on an experience of nature, so sustainability and ecological values are two pillars of our operation. By working in a long-term, sustainable way, we hope to preserve our local cultural heritage, contribute to the quality of life here, and protect the environment. Nearby SOMOZA, a cultural hub, has already embarked on heritage conservation to keep safe and protect the diversity of the surrounding landscape and natural wildlife habitats.
- To be environmentally friendly, and combat climate change by using existing materials and traditional knowledge wherever possible, taking everything into account, from insulation to efficient waste water management.
- To avoid using plastics.
- To contribute to the local economy and quality of life, we employ regional contractors, artisans and staff, and provide a safe, caring working environment.
- To support local culture, we encourage our guests to buy quality products and services from nearby entrepreneurs by highlighting their creations in the villas, and in SOMOZA and Niseko.
- To support products and services that reflect our authentic lifestyle and culture.
- To share our local culture and nature with guests in private tours and exhibitions.
- To work in partnership with neighbourhood communities and landowners.
- To continue to improve our operations and sustainability.